JOY OF READING
One family’s fun-filled guide to reading success
by Debbie Duncan
Softcover, 240 pages, 6×9
Enthusiastic literature advocate and children’s book expert shares her family’s personal reading success stories.
- Debbie identifies their favorite books for each category.
- She believes in reading aloud to children from birth through teens.
- Parents can instill a lifelong love of reading by engaging children with books that enchant and entertain.
Indexes by titles, authors, illustrators.
More than 600 children’s books discussed or referenced.
Extensive reading lists.
Great ideas for making reading fun for children.
Debbie’s inspirational, fun-loving family shows life is definitely better with books.
Learn how to . . .
- Inspire your children to read for pleasure
- Select the best read-aloud books at all ages
- Use books to talk about difficult issues
- Teach children to reach for a book instead of the TV remote control
- First Books
- Picture Books for Preschoolers
- Read Alouds
- Middle-Grade Favorites
- Books for Boys
- Series Books
- Books that Make Us Laugh
- Things We Say from Books
- Historical Fiction
- The Library
- Reading Diet
- What to Do about TV
- Summer Reading
- and much more.
Expanded Author Information at her website www.debbieduncan.com